Waste Minimisation : Postgraduate Scholarship, New Zealand
Full – time university students undertaking postgraduate studies in New Zealand can apply to the Christchurch City Council for a maximum scholarship of $ 5,000 per year per applicant.
The purpose of the Waste Minimization Postgraduate Scholarship is to encourage thinking and to support research into waste minimisation applicable to Christchurch City. In particular, to assist the Christchurch community advance on the goals and targets contained in the Council’s Waste Management Plan.
Waste minimisation encompasses a wide range of topics from public policy and education to economics and engineering. All relevant fields of research will be considered and proposals will be assessed based their relevance to Christchurch and to the Christchurch City Council’s Waste Management Plan.
Visit : www.ccc.govt.nz/Waste/WasteMinimisation/PostgraduateScholarship.asp for information on the Council’s Waste Management Plan.
Information to be provided :
- Applicant’s name.
- Permanent and term contact details.
- Name of University, Department, undergraduate degree and proposed postgraduate degree.
- Project description including :
- Objective (s);
- Relevance to Christchurch and the Council’s Waste Management Plan;
- An outline of the proposed methodology; and
- A list of related publications (if applicable).
- Certified copy of your academic record.
- Outline of your related experience and other particulars that may support your application.
Postgraduate Scholarship Applications :
Applications should be made no later than 31 October in the year preceding the year of the award and should be sent to :
Waste Planning Manager,
City Water and Waste Unit,
Christchurch City Council,
P.O Box 237,
Closing date : 31st October 2010.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.