2012 PhD Scholarship in University of Stavanger
Doctoral Scholarships in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Stavanger Norway ( 2012 ).
Study Subject ( s ) : Structural Health Monitoring Using Updated Finite Element Models.
Course Level : PhD.
Scholarship Provider : Norwegian Ministry of Education.
Scholarship can be taken at : Norway.
Eligibility for Stavanger University PhD Scholarship 2012 :
- Applicants must have earned a Masters degree or possess corresponding qualifications which could provide a basis for successfully completing a Doctorate.
- It is necessary to have obtained an average grade of B or better in order to qualify.
- The appointee must be able to work independently and as a member of a team, be creative and innovative.
- The Research Fellow must have a good command of oral and written English.
University of Stavanger PhD Scholarship Open for International Students :
- Yes, University of Stavanger PhD Scholarship is available for International Students.
Stavanger University PhD Scholarship Description :
- Subject of Structural Health Monitoring ( SHM ) is emerging as an increasingly important component of overall Non – Destructive Evaluation (NDE) programs and is now being considered for implementation in a variety of University of Stavanger PhD Scholarship applications including Spacecraft Components, Oil Rigs, Wind Turbines and Aircrafts.
- Over the past several years, there have been a number of limited demonstrations of SHM in actual field University of Stavanger PhD Scholarship applications.
- Successful field implementation of SHM has not been widely achieved and depends on overcoming several roadblocks including the development of SHM methodologies and better algorithms for damage detection.
- Finite element model updating techniques are used to correct the finite element model of a structure using experimental data such that the updated model more correctly describes the dynamic properties of the structure.
- One of the University of Stavanger PhD Scholarship applications of such an updated model is to Monitor the Health of the Structure.
- The goal of the project is to develop better algorithms for detection of multiple damages in a structure.
- The work will require extensive use of MATLAB software and laboratory experiments.
University of Stavanger PhD Scholarship Application Form 2012 :
- University of Stavanger PhD Scholarship should be applied by Post.
Stavanger University PhD Scholarship Application Deadline 2012 :
- University of Stavanger PhD Scholarship application further information please contact the Employer.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.