National Merit Scholarships Scheme
1. For IX & X class
The candidate should be
- a student in class IX and X
- student in government schools in each developmental block
For Postmatric to Postgraduate
The candidate should
- have obtained 60% or more in marks in science and commerce and 55% in humanities
- not have received any other merit scholarships / stipend for source of study
- be studying in recognised institutions
- parents income from all source not exceeding ₹ 1.00 lakhs per annum for all categories
National Merit Scholarship Scheme Details
Number of Fellowships
For IX & X class :
- 2 Scholarships per block maximum of 5381 blocks
For Post matric to Postgraduate
17000 ( varies from year to year )
Duration : Post matric to postgraduate level.
Value for National Merit Scholarships Scheme
- For IX & X class ( in rural areas ) : ₹ 250 PM
- For XI and XII of 10 + 2 pattern : ₹ 300 PM
- For Graduate ( BA / BSc / BCom / BArchaeology etc : ₹ 500 PM
- For Postgraduate : ₹ 750 PM
National Meritr Scholarships Selection Procedure
For IX & X class
- Based on the Block-wise merit list prepared on basis of marks obtained in VIII class examination in the designated schools in rural areas
- For post matric to postgraduate
Based on state – wise merit list from the results of the following
- 10th Class / Matriculation / High school : For award of scholarships in +2 level / pre – university / pre – degree / Intermediate level.
- 12th Class of 10 + 2 pattern / Intermediate / Pre – university / Pre – Degree. For award of scholarships in first year BA / BSc / BCom / BArchchelogy etc.
- 12th Class of 10 + 2 pattern / Intermediate / Pre – university / Pre – Degree. For award of scholarships in First year of Diploma / Professional and Engineering studies / Diploma in Hotel Management / Diploma in Homeopathy/ BDS / BTech / MBBS
Graduation : For award of scholarship for courses after graduation like LLB / BEd / Post graduation.
Others : For details of forms to be filled for availing the scholarships attached in Annexure.
Source : MHRD
- MA Scholarship Details…
- MCA Scholarship Details…
- ME Scholarship Details…
- MEd Scholarship Details…
- MPhill Scholarship Details…
- MSc Scholarship Details…
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.