Prime Minister’s Scholarship SchemeScholarships »
Prime Minister’s Scholarship
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme was introduced from the Academic year 2006-07. To encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel and their widows ( below officer rank only ).
A total number of 5500 students will be selected equally for boys & girls ( ie. 2750 each )
Professional Degree Courses like BE, B Tech, BDS, MBBS, B Ed, BBA, BCA, B Pharma, etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India, UGC. ( Master Degree Courses are not eligible for
PMSS except MBA, MCA ). Students can see the list of eligible courses for details. Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme. Students getting stipend for the Professional Degree Courses are also not entitled. No distance learning course is permitted under PMSS. PMSS
can be availed for one course only.
Scholarship for Integrated Courses
The facility under PMSS is restricted for first Professional Degree Course only, such as BEd but not for BA+B Ed, In case of integrated ME / M Tech / M Pharma, initial three / four years degree will be considered for scholarship. 10. Minimum Marks in MEQ should be 60%. MEQ for entry to various Professional Courses differs e.g. for MBBS it is 10+2 where as for BE / B Tech it is 10+2 / Diploma, It is graduation for B Ed and MBA. A candidate must have minimum 60% marks in MEQ to apply for PM Scholarship Scheme.
Duration of Scholarship
One to five years as duration of the course approved by the concerned Regulatory Body subject to clearing exams every year in first attempt. Scholarship will be stopped in case of failure or re-appearance in any subject during the course.
Amount of Scholarship
The amount of scholarship would be as follows :
- Rs. 2000/- per month for boys Paid initially on selection and subsequently on successful completion of Board / University / College / Institute Examinations each year without failure.
- Rs. 2250- per month for girls
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Eligibility
- Students who have taken admission in the academic year are only eligible to apply for PMSS online on KSB web portal www.ksb.gov.in. Students should have scored 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification ( MEQ ) i.e 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation.
- Students studying in 2nd and subsequent years are not eligible.
- Students who are Dependent Wards / Widows of Ex Servicemen & Ex Coast Guard personnel who died in harness / disabled due to causes attributable to military service / coast guard service, irrespective of the rank.
- Dependent wards of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel and their widows ( below officer rank only ).
- Wards of Civilians including Para Military Personnel are not eligible.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Application Form
Application to be filled online by visiting KSB website www.ksb.gov.in. No hard copy / paper application will not be entertained. One candidate can apply for one course only.
Documents to be uploaded along with PMSS Application Form :
- Ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard Certificate. ( Original to be scanned and uploaded ).
- Bonafide Certificate duly filled up correctly and signed by Principal / Dean / Registrar of the Institute / College. ( Original to be scanned and uploaded ).
- Certificate from his / her bank stating that Aadhaar Card of student linked with his / her bank account number. ( Original to be scanned and uploaded ).
- Matriculation Certificate duly self attested for verifying the Date of Birth ( Original to be scanned and uploaded ).
- Minimum Educational Qualification ( MEQ ) certificate as applicable. ( 10+2 Mark sheet / Graduation ( mark sheets of 3 years ) / Diploma ( mark sheets of all semesters ). ( Original to be scanned and uploaded ).
- 1st page of Bank Pass Book ( PNB / SBI only ) clearly showing name and A/c Number of Student. ( Original to be scanned and uploaded ).
- Copy of PPO and the following supporting documents.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Selection Process
The applications will be short listed based on category of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard and percentage of marks obtained in MEQ. Merit List of selected students will be uploaded on KSB Website www.ksb.gov.in.
Payment of Scholarship
First payment will be paid automatically just after the selection in merit list of 5500 candidates. For subsequent payment of scholarship, the candidate should submit online Payment cum Renewal Form alongwith Bonafide Certificate duly signed by the Principal / Dean / Registrar of the Institution / College, on completion of their each academic year, till completion of the course.
For subsequent payments, 50% marks are mandatory in each semester / academic year and passing of all subjects in each semester / year in first attempt is mandatory requirement for continuation of scholarship.
All candidates to open bank account in State Bank of India or Punjab National Bank which has “Electronic Clearance System” / Core Banking and should be linked to student’s aadhaar number., to facilitate transfer of the scholarship amount. In case of minor account of any candidate, the same
must be converted into major account. In case of minor account, a joint account with parent will also fulfill the requirement. Candidate to scan and upload 1st page of passbook ( in original ), showing name of student and account number clearly.
Important Instructions For PM’s Scholarship Scheme
- The candidate should fill up the application and upload the relevant documents & certificates on KSB website www.ksb.gov.in latest by November.
- The concerned ZSBs / Coast Guard HQ to carry out 100% check of requisite documents uploaded on the website by the candidates with their original documents within five working days of receipt at their HQ and forward the same to RSB. Coast Guard HQ will recommend the applications online to KSB directly latest by November. Action to be initiated against the respective officials of ZSB/RSB in case ineligible candidates have been recommended.
- The concerned RSB to carry out 2nd stage check for their respective state and recommend the applications online to KSB if found eligible as per the laid down policy and guidelines latest by December.
- ZSBs / RSBs to recommend the applications online to next higher formation as and when they receive the application from the wards / widow of Ex-servicemen within five working days ( if found eligible as per policy ). Application at no time should be kept pending more than five working days at their level/end. However, if any application is not meeting the criteria, should be rejected by ZSBs / RSBs / CG HQ / KSB and reasons of rejection to be given in remarks column. In case of rejection, a phone call / email should also be sent by ZSB / RSB / Coast Guard HQ to the concerned student.
- The merit list will be finalized by nominated Board of Officers and will be forwarded to RSBs / Coast Guard Headquarter. The merit list of selected candidates will also be uploaded on KSB website www.ksb.gov.in
- The scholarship is admissible for only two children of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard. This should be according to the Discharge Book / Certificate of the Ex-servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard. If the ward is born after retirement / release, an affidavit to be prepared, scanned and uploaded by the Ex-serviceman
- The first year scholarship amount will be remitted into the bank account after the selection of the candidate. The subsequent payments will be made on successful completion of the each academic year uninterrupted with minimum 50% marks till completion of the course. If a student failed in any subject / semester and / or aggregates, his / her scholarship will be closed forever and no correspondence whatsoever will be entertained in this regard.
- The candidate must submit ‘ONLINE’ Payment-cum-Renewal Form, Bonafide Certificate for subsequent Payment of PMSS and Mark Sheets of both semesters / academic year & 1st page of bank pass book within one year of completion of academic year / course, thereafter the scholarship will be closed.
- Candidature of a student shall stand automatically rejected if, at any stage, it is discovered that he / she has secured scholarship fraudulently by making false statement or misrepresentation of facts. Candidate shall have to refund the amount already paid and also will invite criminal police proceedings.
- In case of change of any address, course, college, it is to be intimated immediately to Kendriya Sainik Board in writing. Always mention Selection Number, Name of Applicant and ESM / Ex-Coast Guard particular for all correspondence with KSB after getting selected for PM scholarship.
- The Ministry of Defence, Government of India can suitably modify these instructions to remove anomalies at any time, for successful implementation of the scheme, as may be necessary from time to time and will be applicable to all students under the scheme.
- PM scholarship is eligible to the dependent wards of ESM ie. male ward upto 25 years of age at the time of admission in the said course and female ward till she gets married. No age limit for widow candidate.
- Change of the Course / College by the Selected Student and get fresh admission in subsequent academic year will lead to rejection of his / her scholarship forever.
- For any query or help, candidate should contact 011-26715250 or email to email@example.com
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.