Scholarships to students from non – Hindi speaking states for studies in Hindi
Non Hindi Speaking States Scholarship Eligibility
Age : As applicable for admission to the respective classes.
Academic for Non Hindi Speaking States Scholarship
- Passed X class / Matriculation / High school
- Passed XII class of 10 + 2 pattern / Intermediate/ pre University/ pre Degree
- Passed BA/ BSc / BCom ( Pass or Honors ) or equivalent
- MA Hindi / MLitt ( Hindi ) / Pre PhD / qualification leading to admission to PhD ( Hindi ) degree
Others : Candidates whose mother tongue is not Hindi.
Belong to any of non – Hindi speaking states / UT :
Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, J&K, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashrta, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Orissa, Punjab, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, West Bengal, Andaman & Nicobar, arunachal Pradesh, Chandigrah, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Lakshadweep, Mizoram and Pondicherry.
Study in recognized institutions only
- Secured 60% marks in qualifying examinations
- The following candidates will not be eligible
- Belonging to non – Hindi speaking states and residing in Hindi speaking states
- In full / part time employment
- Studying Bachelor’ s degree
Pursuing studies through correspondence courses
Non Hindi Speaking States Scholarship Fellowship Details
Number of Non Hindhi Speaking States Scholarships 2500
Duration : Study period
Value for Non Hindi Speaking States Scholarship
- 1. For class XI and XII – ₹ 300 PM
- 2. BA / BSc / BCom ( Pass & Hon ) – ₹ 500 PM
- 3. MA / MLitt / PhD ( maximum of 3 years ) – ₹ 1000 PM
Non Hindi Speaking States Scholarship Application Procedure
- One copy of the application in the prescribed form for the year along with recent copy of photograph with signature
- Attested copy each certificates, diplomas, degrees, mark sheets etc.
- Apply through their respective state to which they belong ( Application will not be supplied by Government of India / MHRD )
Non Hindi Speaking States Scholarship Notification and Deadline
State government / UT concerned will announce scheme every year after issuance of administrative approval by Government of India.
As per notification by each non – Hindi speaking state in news papers.
This Scholarship is Provided by : Ministry of Human Resource Development
Contact Details :
District Inspector of School / Director of Education,
State / UT Government.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.