SN Bose Scholars ProgramScholarships »
S.N. Bose Scholars Program 2013 :
To nurture future innovators and thought leaders, the Science & Engineering Board ( SERB ) Department of Science and Technology ( DST ), Government of India, the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum ( IUSSTF ) and the University of Wisconsin-Madison ( UW ) are partnering to develop a dynamic and transformative student exchange program between premier institutions in India and the United States.
The program is named in honor of Satyendra Nath Bose ( 1894 – 1974 ), a visionary Indian physicist best known for his work on quantum mechanics in the early 1920s. The class of particles that obey Bose-Einstein statistics, Bosons, was named after him.
The Mission of the Program is to :
- Introduce talented American students to the long-standing tradition of scientific inquiry and innovation in India;
- Encourage students to consider a career in Science and Technology;
- Foster interactions between next generation of pioneers in Science and Technology; and,
- Build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations across disciplines, cultures and geographical boundaries.
Eligibility for SN Bose Scholars Program :
- US Citizens / Permanent Residents / Indian Citizens
- Students pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States
- Open to students from all disciplines of Science & Engineering
Scholarship Includes :
- Stipend ( $ Equivalent of INR 50,000 )
- Airfare ( upto $1,000 )
- Placement at leading Universities and Research Laboratories in India
Program Dates : Summer 2013
Applications are to be submitted electronically to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org ( No hard copies required )
Submission Deadline : 31st March, 2013
For program information contact :
Prof. Aseem Z. Ansari,
University of Wisconsin Madison,
Madison, WI 53706,
Email : email@example.com
Dr. Nishritha Bopana,
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum,
Fulbright House, 12, Hailey Road,
New Delhi – 110001,
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.