Churchill College Junior Research Fellowships, UK
Scholarships are open only for graduates, women and men
Study Subject : Any Subject
Employer : Churchill College
Level : Postdoctoral
Junior Research Fellowship Description :
The four Colleges invite applications for nine Junior Research Fellowships which will normally be tenable for three years from 1 October 2011. Junior Research Fellowships are initial (normally) post – doctoral positions appropriate to the start of an academic career.
Churchill College Junior Research Fellowship Eligibility Requirements :
- Junior Research Fellowships are open to graduates, women and men, of any university who have recently or are about to complete their doctorates.
- Successful candidates will normally have submitted their theses by the commencement of the Fellowship.
- The statements of research should be no more than 1,000 words outlining the work candidates would submit in support of their applications, if requested, and the research they propose to do if elected. Please note that it will be read by people outside, as well as within, the candidate’s own discipline and should therefore be intelligible to scholars in other subjects.
- Written material is not required at this stage, but it is essential to have written work readily accessible, because those candidates whose applications are selected for further assessment will be invited by 11 January 2011 to submit a copy of their chosen written work electronically. This must be received no later than 5pm on Thursday, 20 January 2011. Please ensure that your contact details on your application are kept up to date (preferably giving your e-mail, mobile, or telephone details).
- The Colleges are concerned with the quality, rather than quantity, of the work submitted but, in order that an informed assessment may be made, it is important that sufficient material should be available. The work for submission to external assessors should be no more than 20,000 words (or about one quarter the length of a PhD thesis).
- Submitted work should normally be in English but if candidates intend to submit work in a foreign language, they should give notice by indicating this on the Application Form where they enter the title of the work.
Fellowship Application Deadline : 5pm on Sunday, November 21st 2010.
For further fellowship information and application visit : http://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/admissions/fellows/jrfapplications/
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.