Excellence Fellowship Program
- Fellowships are available in the UCL School of Life and Medical Sciences.
- Fellowships will be awarded to the highest calibre candidates who are able to demonstrate an exceptional track record in relation to their career stage, and the potential to submit competitive fellowship or personal award applications at an early stage of the Excellence Fellowship.
- Three fellowships will be available in 2017 across the full range of disciplines in life and medical sciences.
- Fellowship posts are for three years full time. Part time working arrangements can be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Excellence Fellowship Program Eligibility
- There are no restrictions on nationality, however, you will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK before commencing any fellowship offered.
- Fellowships are available to clinical and non-clinical candidates who have not yet established an independent research career.
- Candidates should have been awarded a PhD or equivalent research-related degree prior to application
What is offered
- Fellows will receive salary support and up to £50,000 in research expenses.
- Candidates must identify a senior academic from within the UCL School of Life and Medical Sciences who will commit to sponsoring their application and assure provision of research space, resources and facilities. Applications received without sponsors risk not being considered for shortlisting.
- A letter with appropriate sponsor, Departmental, and Divisional signatures is required as part of the application.
Excellence Fellowship Program Application
- A sponsor at UCL
- A covering letter explaining why you are applying for this fellowship and outlining career goals, plans for future funding applications and justification for applying to UCL
- A research proposal outlining the planned research, with emphasis on vision and ambition ( maximum two A4 sides, no less than Arial pt 11 font ). Should it be relevant to your research programme, please include an additional brief section ( 150 word maximum) on any likely health, technology or other possible impacts from your research.
- Your CV (maximum three A4 sides) plus full publication list. ( Publications do not count towards the three page limit ).
- A letter of support from the UCL Sponsor(s) ( maximum one A4 side ). The letter must confirm and detail the space and resources that will be provided. If your contact at UCL is not a Head of Research Department or Division / Institute Director, their support letter must be co-signed by the relevant Head of Research Department and Division / Institute Director as proof that they all have reviewed and approved the provision of space and resources.
- A completed application form ( Word ), downloaded from the job vacancy page.
Excellence Fellowship Program Selection Process
Shortlisting : Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interview based on the criteria in the job description and person specification. Outcomes of shortlisting will be made available in early June. Please note that due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants.
Interviews : For invited candidates, interviews will be held on 30th June. We are unable to accommodate remote interviews; therefore, please do keep this date clear.
Excellence Fellowship Program Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Application form : 10th May, 2017 ( 11:00 PM ).
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.