Next Generation Fellowships 2011, UK
Fellowships promote the prospects of high caliber individuals pursuing innovative research falling within the remit of the Center
Study Subject : Science
Employer : University of Cambridge
Level : Doctoral
Next Generation Fellowship Description :
The Centre aims to fund one Next Generation Fellowships commencing in 2011. We are particularly keen to promote the prospects of high calibre individuals pursuing innovative research falling within the remit of the Centre, and who are at the start of their careers as independent investigators.
Eligibility for Next Generation Fellowship :
Candidates should normally be within 5 years of the award of their PhD (due allowance will be made for those whose career has been affected for personal reasons). Applicants must display evidence of academic excellence, a strong research record, and the ability to perform independent research.
Application Procedure :
Applicants should first identify a Sponsor from the Membership of the Center who will act as their mentor if they are awarded a Fellowship. After discussing their proposed project with him / her they should submit :
- a curriculum vitae that includes a brief review of their academic career
- a summary of the research project, including brief details of how the candidate sees their research developing in the longer term (maximum 3,000 words excluding references)
- an estimated financial breakdown of the costs for each year applied for, including their salary, consumables, equipment and travel costs
- three confidential academic references in sealed envelopes
- a letter of support from the Sponsor
Fellowship Application Deadline : January 10th 2011.
Further Fellowship Information and Application : http://www.trophoblast.cam.ac.uk/info/fellowships.shtml
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.