University of Tampere Scholarship 2013
School of Health Sciences, University of Tampere, Finland offers the international Post Graduate Program in Epidemiology and Public Health ( IPPE ). International students can apply for this scholarship. This doctoral training and research program is for highly qualified epidemiologists, researchers and public health personnel. The candidates must have a master’s degree ( at least 4 years of study ) in the areas of epidemiology, public health or bio statistics, or a medical degree from accredited university and proficient in English. Selection criteria are past education and work experience in public health, their language skills and writing ability and demonstrated success in the field of public health practice and epidemiology. Full time participation in the program requires 10 month residency in Tampere, Finland to complete the required coursework.
Study Subject ( s ) : The international doctoral program in epidemiology and public health consists of intensive theoretical and practical training in epidemiology, biostatistics and other public health sciences, weekly research seminars and individual supervision.
Course Level : This scholarship is for pursuing PhD degree level.
Scholarship Provider : University of Tampere.
Scholarship can be taken at : Finland.
Eligibility for University of Tampere Scholarship 2013 :
- A master’s degree ( at least 4 years of study ) in a relevant field, including epidemiology, public health or bio statistics, or a medical degree from accredited university. Basic knowledge of epidemiology and proof of proficiency in English are also required.
University of Tampere Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries :
- The International students can apply for this scholarship.
University of Tampere Scholarship Description 2013 :
- The main objectives of the international doctoral program are to increase knowledge and understanding of major public health problems, particularly in low-income countries, and to build sustainable public health capacity in these countries by working with global partners in training epidemiologists and public health personnel for leadership positions in research, administration, program planning and policy development.
Selection Criteria for University of Tampere Scholarship 2013 :
- PhD candidates are selected on the basis of their past education and work experience in public health, their language skills and writing ability, as well as demonstrated success in the field of public health practice and epidemiology. Priority is generally given to applicants who are already working in a research project that may be used as material for their PhD thesis, or those who have an available data set and a feasible research plan. Students should submit a preliminary research plan as part of their application.
University of Tampere Scholarship Application 2013 :
- University of Tampere Scholarship Application forms and the required attachments ( please see list below ) should be submitted electronically as attachments to the application form.
- All copies must be officially certified by the issuing institution or a Notary Public.
- Selected students are required to send the complete application package by postal mail to the programme coordinator prior to receiving the formal letter of acceptance.
University of Tampere Scholarship Application Deadline : 15th March, 2013.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.