Indo US Research Fellowship Program Indian ResearchersScholarships »
Indo-US Research Fellowship Program for Indian Researchers
Science and Engineering Research Board ( SERB; www.serb.gov.in ) in partnership with the bi-national Indo-US Science and Technology Forum ( IUSSTF; www.iusstf.org ) announces the SERB Indo-US Postdoctoral Fellowships for Indian Researchers in USA as an initiative under the SERB Overseas Postdoctoral fellowship Scheme ( SERB-OPDF ) with the objective to build national capacity in frontier areas of Science and Engineering, which are of interest to India.
The objective of the SERB Indo-US Postdoctoral Fellowships for Indian Researchers is to introduce scientists and engineers in the early stages of their careers to international collaborative research opportunities, thereby furthering their research capacity and global perspective and forging long-term relationships with scientists, technologists and engineers in USA.
These awards will provide an excellent opportunity to young Indian scientists and technologists of all disciplines, under the age of 35 years to interact with the U.S scientific community and get first-hand information of the developments taking place at the international level and to acquaint themselves with new scientific research methods and to collaborate in larger research project. It will enable young Indian researchers to carry out a clearly defined research project at a place of their choice in U.S for a period of 12 months. The individual availing this fellowship would be called as SERB Indo-US Research Fellow.
Indo US Research Fellowship Program Indian Researchers Eligibility
- Age : Upto 35 years as on 31 December 2016
- Indian citizens who have completed their Ph.D. from a Public-funded R&D Laboratory / Recognized Academic Institution / University / College in India. Those unemployed as on date should have completed their Ph.D. degree after 31 December 2014.
- Letter of Acceptance from the U.S. host institute.
Specific Areas of Research
Advanced Manufacturing, Big Data, Bio-energy, Cognitive Science, Complex systems, Cyber security, Encryption and decryption, Energy, Genetic to Physiology, High Performance Computation in Physics, High Performance Computation in Chemistry, High Performance Computation in Biology, High Performance Computation in Mathematics, Humanoid Robotics, Materials, Mechanobiology / Physical Biology, Mechnotronics, Mental Health, Modeling, Imaging, Algorithms and Combinatorial Optimizations, Petroleum and Petro-Chemical Engineering, Quantum Computing and Spintronics, Science of Climate Change, Glaciology, Sustainable Chemistry, Theoretical Mathematical Science.
Place of work
The fellow should be accepted and hosted by the U.S scientific / technological institution. There should be willingness on the part of the U.S institution to accept and extend necessary support to the candidate for the research proposed during the Fellowship.
The candidate should himself / herself correspond with their proposed host institute in the U.S for placement. Candidate is required to produce evidence, in the form of a letter of acceptance on the letterhead of the U.S. host institute, duly signed / stamped by the host. The letter should also include the merits / uniqueness of that host institute in the proposed area of research.
- Return Air fare
- Monthly Stipend
- Personal Contingency Grant
- Overseas Medical Insurance
- Conference Allowance (if applicable)
- 12 months
Indo US Research Fellowship Program Indian Researchers Application
The completed Application Form should be submitted through the Online Portal along with the following attachments/ annexures:
- Detailed CV of the Applicant
- CV of the U.S. Host Professor
- Provisional degree / final Ph.D. certificate
- Letter of acceptance from the U.S. Host Professor
- Statement from the Current Employer ( format provided )
- Recommendation Letters ( from 2 Referees )
- 3 best research papers / articles of your choice listing applicant name as first author / co-author
- Proof of DOB ( Please attach scan copy of the supporting document, e.g. Birth certificate / 10th class certificate / passport )
Applications should be submitted using our Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs. Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
All applicants should submit the applications along with all supporting documentation via the Online Application Portal. ( http://22.214.171.124/Applicant_Twelfth.aspx?ProgramFor=12 )
Indo US Research Fellowship Program Indian Researchers Application Deadline
- SERB Indo-U.S. Postdoctoral Research Fellowship ( 2016-17 ) Call Announcement : 15th January, 2017
- Online Application Submission Deadline : 28th February, 2017
- Award Announcement : Mid-August 2017
Indo-US Science & Technology Forum
Fulbright House, 12, Hailey Road
New Delhi-110 001, India
Phone No : 01142691709
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.iusstf.org/
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.