Scholarship in ACRL National Conference Librarian, USA
To provide opportunities for librarians with five or fewer years of post-MLS experience to update their skills and knowledge by participating in an ACRL professional development experience.
- Enhance librarians’ ability to provide excellent services to constituent groups
- Increase participation of entry-level and minority librarians in ACRL professional development activities
- Increase ACRL’s efforts toward being a more inclusive organization
- Provide members with an active, positive interaction with ACRL that will strengthen membership retention
Approximately 90 scholarships will be awarded. Each will include complimentary registration (a $390 value), and $350 stipend to attend the ACRL 2019 conference, 10th to 13th April, 2019 in Cleveland, OH. The total value of each scholarship is $740.
ACRL Eligibility Criteria
Scholarship applicants must be :
- ACRL members with five or fewer years of post-MLS professional library experience
- Currently employed in a library, preference will be given to applicants employed in an academic or research library
- Recommended by the their dean or director.
ACRL Application Process
To be considered, applicants must :
- Obtain a recommendation from their dean/director in electronic form that can be cut and pasted into the application ( not to exceed 300 words ).
- Complete the online Librarian Scholarship Application available on May, 2018 . The application includes a brief description of the applicant’s employment history as well as a description of how attendance at the ACRL National Conference will support their long-term goals ( not to exceed 300 words ).
ACRL Admission Criteria
The award committee consists of members of the ACRL Conference Scholarship Committee. The committee will score applications based on the following:
- Responses to open-ended questions
- Dean / director / supervisor recommendation
In awarding the scholarships, preference will be given to :
- Applicants from diverse cultural/ethnic backgrounds
- Applicants employed at institutions or in positions serving under-represented groups
- Applicants employed in an academic or research library
- Applicants who have not previously been awarded an ACRL scholarship
The committee will strive to achieve diversity and balance among scholarship recipients and will also take into account financial need and geographical location of the applicant.
Scholarship Applicants will be notified via e-mail during the week of 10th December, 2018. Applicants should not register for the ACRL 2019 conference until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds. The discounted early-bird registration rate will be available until 8th February, 2019 for those that may not receive a scholarship, but still plan to attend.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.