Scholarship in ACRL National Conference Support Staff
To provide opportunities for academic and research library support staff to update their skills and knowledge by participating in an ACRL professional development experience.
- Enhance support staff members’ abilities to provide excellent services to constituent groups
- Provide library support staff with an active, positive interaction with ACRL
- Increase participation of library support staff in ACRL professional development activities
- Increase ACRL’s efforts toward being a more inclusive organization
Ten scholarships will be awarded.
- Five will consist of complimentary registration ( a $375 value ) and a travel stipend of $250 to attend the ACRL National Conference, March to April in Philadelphia. The total value of each scholarship is $625.
- Five will consist of complimentary registration only. The total value of each scholarship is $375.
ACRL National Conference Support Staff Scholarship Eligibility
Scholarship applicants must be :
- Currently employed in a library, preference will be given to applicants employed in an academic or research library
- Recommended by the library dean or director
ACRL National Conference Support Staff Scholarship Application Process
To be considered, applicants must :
1. Obtain a recommendation from your dean / director in electronic form that can be cut and pasted into the application form ( not to exceed 300 words ).
2. Complete the online Library Support Staff Scholarship Application. The application includes a brief description of the applicant’s job responsibilities as well as a description of how attending the ACRL National Conference will support their long-term goals ( not to exceed 300 words ).
Only electronic submissions via the Library Support Staff Scholarship Application will be considered. The form does not allow submissions to be saved and resumed. Prepare your answers and have your dean / director’s recommendation obtained before starting the online application. Please double-check all your answers before pushing the ‘submit’ button.
Deadline for Submission
The application deadline is November ( 11:59 p.m. Central ).
ACRL National Conference Support Staff Scholarship Selection Criteria
The award committee consists of members of the National Conference Scholarship Committee. The committee will strive to achieve both diversity and balance among scholarship recipients based on the following factors :
- Responses to open-ended questions on the application form
- Dean / director recommendation
- Educational experience, background and geographical diversity
In awarding the scholarships, particular attention will be given to library staff members from diverse backgrounds and those employed at institutions serving under-represented racial and ethnic groups.
Preference will be given to individuals who have not previously been awarded an ACRL scholarship. Individuals may only receive one ACRL scholarship per professional development event. Preference will be given to those with 3 or more years of library support staff experience.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.