American Floral Endowment Internship Scholarship Programs
Study Subject : Any Subject
Employer : American Floral Endowment
Level : Undergraduate
This program gives students the opportunity to gain practical floriculture / horticulture experience while training at a commercial production greenhouse or nursery.
Students will intern away from home for three, four or six month periods, and upon completion of their paid internship, they will receive a scholarship in the amount of $1,500 ( three months ), $3,000 ( four months ) or $6,000 ( six months ).
History and Objective
Vic Ball was the son of Ball Horticultural founder George Jacob Ball. As the leading North American producer and distributor of ornamental plants and their seeds, Ball Horticulture has had a tremendous presence in the horticulture business.
- Internships are for a period of 3, 4 or 6 months ( 6 months encouraged ).
- Winter or spring pot / bedding plant seasons ( December – June ) are encouraged. Three-month internships are allowed if location is deemed to provide valuable production experience.
American Floral Endowment Internship Scholarship Eligibility
Students applying for AFE’s Vic & Margaret Ball Internships must be full-time, undergraduate students who are:
- Enrolled in a floriculture / environmental horticulture program at a 2- or 4-year college / university within the U. S.
- U.S. citizens.
- Maintaining a “C” or better GPA with satisfactory progress in a degree or certificate program.
- Able to complete their internship prior to graduation.
American Floral Endowment Internship Scholarship Application Form
Students must complete the online Vic & Margaret Ball Intern Scholarship Application and submit all supporting documentation by the 1st March or 1st October deadline.
In addition to the online application, students must submit by email :
- A Personal Statement — the personal statement should be one page and include your past and current involvement in floriculture activities, your expectations from the program, and your future career goals in the industry.
- Official Transcripts from your College / University — Official transcripts must be submitted. AFE will not accept copies.
- Color Photo — submit a color photo to be used in promotional communications should you be awarded an internship. ( This can be emailed to AFE by the student ).
Candidates are requested to take the copy of your Completed Application ( Candidate will receive a copy by email ), Personal Statement and Official Transcripts to your Faculty Advisor – your advisor will be responsible for emailing this material to AFE on your behalf. He or she must sign the copy of the application ( where indicated ), write a letter of recommendation on your behalf, and email all materials to AFE prior to the deadline of 1st March or 1st October.
Applications missing any of the above materials, or without a signature by a faculty member will not be considered.
The Vic and Margaret Ball Committee will review applications following both deadlines to determine which students who will be awarded the scholarship. Students will be notified of the committee’s decision within 2-4 weeks.
If selected, internships must be started within 12 months of application date and must be completed before graduation.
American Floral Endowment Internship Scholarship Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Application form : 1st March (or) 1st October of the academic year.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.