Francille M. Firebaugh Study Abroad Scholarship
The Francille M. Firebaugh Study Abroad Scholarship was established February 2, 1990 in honor of Francille M. Firebaugh, Vice Provost Emeritus, International Affairs, and Professor Emeritus, Family Resource Management in recognition of her years at Ohio State and her commitment to International Studies.
The scholarship was established to enhance the educational experience of Ohio State students by providing study abroad scholarships to deserving students who are currently enrolled at The Ohio State University.
Between two (2) or three (3) scholarships will be awarded during the Spring 2011 competition. Each scholarship amount will be between $1,000 and $1,500.
Scholarships will be awarded to full-time students attending The Ohio State University in a degree-granting program. Criteria for consideration include :
- having a minimum overall GPA of 3.30;
- being admitted to an Ohio State approved quarter/summer-long study abroad program. Short-term programs are not eligible for this scholarship;
- preference will be given to applicants pursuing a degree (major or minor) in International Studies;
- preference also will be also given to students who can demonstrate financial need;
- preference will be given to applicants who have not received another major study abroad scholarship (e.g. Wolfe Scholarship) from the Office of International Affairs.
Application Process for Francille M. Firebaugh Study Abroad Scholarship
The Firebaugh Study Abroad Scholarship no longer accepts paper applications. All application materials will be submitted via Carmen. Once in Carmen, students will be able to upload application files into the dropbox. The Carmen application window will be open for one month prior to the deadline for the scholarship.
- Log into Carmen
- Click on the “Join” link in the top navigation bar (next to Calendar)
- Read JOIN Instructions and click on “Join” link
- Select “Firebaugh Scholarship SP 11″
- Fill in Registration information
- The scholarship is listed in Spring 2011 International Affairs
- Scholarship submission instructions are in the Content section
Application Deadlines for Francille M. Firebaugh Study Abroad Scholarship
Monday, March 7, 2011 for Summer Quarter 2011 or Academic Year 2011-2012 programs.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.