LITHERLAND / FTE Scholarship
The Foundation for Technology Education proudly announces the $1,000 Litherland / FTE Scholarship in honor of Dr. Les Litherland.
The scholarship is for an undergraduate student majoring in technology and engineering education teacher preparation. The award is based upon interest in teaching, academic ability, need, and faculty recommendations.
Eligibility Requirements for LITHERLAND / FTE Scholarship :
- Applicant must be member of the International Technology and Engineering Educators Association. (Membership may be enclosed with scholarship application.)
- Applicant must not be a senior by application deadline.
- Applicant must be a current, full-time (as defined by the respective institution) undergraduate majoring in technology and engineering education teacher preparation.
Application and Deadline for LITHERLAND / FTE Scholarship :
Send application package, postmarked by December 1, that consists of four sets of the following required items :
- Letter of application that includes statement about personal interest in teaching technology and applicant’s address with day and night telephone numbers.
- Applicant’s resume or vita. Material should not exceed three pages and should identify career goals, current professional and college activities, and achievements.
- A photocopy of applicant’s college transcript. A grade point average of 2.5 or more (on a 4.0 scale) is required.
- Three faculty recommendations. Applicant must show support for application by having his / her professors and / or advisor provide letters of recommendations.
Mail to :
LITHERLAND / FTE SCHOLARSHIP,
Foundation for Technology Education,
1914 Association Drive, Suite 201,
Reston, VA 20191-1539,
703 / 860-2100, FAX 703 / 860-0353,
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.