The National Academy of Education / Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship
The National Academy of Education / Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship Program supports early career scholars working in critical areas of education research.
This nonresidential postdoctoral fellowship funds proposals that make significant scholarly contributions to the field of education.
The program also develops the careers of its recipients through professional development activities involving National Academy of Education members.
Fellowship Awards :
- Fellows will receive $55,000 for one academic year of research, or $27,500 for each of two contiguous years, working half-time.
- Fellowships must begin during the 2011-2012 academic year.
- Fellows take the equivalent of one year’s teaching leave during the fellowship term.
- Fellows will be included in professional development retreats with other fellows and NAEd members.
- Up to twenty postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded in 2011.
- Selection will be made by a committee of NAEd members.
Qualifications and guidelines :
The NAEd / Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is open to all eligible applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Applicants must have received their PhD, EdD, or equivalent research degree between January 1, 2005, and December 31, 2010.
- Applicant should have a demonstrated record of research experience in education.
- Proposed project must be an education research project. NAEd funds studies that examine the efficacy of curriculum and teaching methods, however, we do not fund the initial development of curriculum or instructional programs.
- Applications will be judged on the applicant’s past research record, career trajectory in education research, and the quality of the project described in the application.
- Applications must be made by the individual applying for the fellowship; group applications will not be accepted.
- Non-US citizens are welcome to apply.
- Concurrent funding for the proposed project is not permitted. You may not hold a grant from the Spencer Foundation at the same time as this fellowship.
Application Deadline for The National Academy of Education / Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship : November 5, 2010
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.