NCITD International Trade Scholarship Program
In recognition of its responsibility to promote and provide international trade education, NCITD has established a yearly scholarship for students of international trade. Scholarships awarded will be paid directly to the institution, in the name of the awardee(s). Awardee(s) will also receive a one-year NCITD membership and will be welcome to attend monthly meetings ( if not currently a member )
NCITD International Trade Scholarship Program Eligibility
Applicants must have at least “junior” status this year in an accredited U.S. college or university with at least a 3.0 Grade Point Average or equivalent “B” average.
Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing either an undergraduate or graduate degree in International Trade studies, such as political science, international relations, economics, international business, international law, international finance, etc. ( including study abroad programs affiliated with a U.S. university ).
NCITD International Trade Scholarship Program Application Form
Applicants must complete and submit the following :
- The NCITD Scholarship application form
- A copy of the most current transcript from the college or university
- A letter of recommendation from the sponsoring NCITD member; or from a work colleague or professor
- A brief ( 2500 words or less ) narrative from the applicant explaining his / her interest in international trade and why the applicant should be awarded this scholarship, including merit and financial need.
NCITD International Trade Scholarship Program Selection Criteria
In order of Importance
- Proven interest or experience in international trade, e.g., education, work or volunteering;
- Current academic standing and performance, including honors and extracurricular activities;
- Strength of the narrative submission and recommendations by NCITD member, professor or work colleague.
- Preference will be given to candidates sponsored by employees of NCITD member firms.
NCITD International Trade Scholarship Program Selection Process
For consideration for this year’s academic terms, all applications must be submitted by May 1.
The Application, transcript, recommendation and narrative essay should be mailed in a single package (or) emailed to : ATTN : Scholarship Applications c/o Mr. Aaron Guffey NCITD 1901 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Suite 804 Washington, DC 20006 Email: email@example.com
The Scholarship Committee will select the winner(s) and announce the award(s) no later than May 15.
The winner(s) will be notified by e-mail and letter. The scholarship(s) will be presented at the June 12 NCITD meeting.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.