The Promise of Nursing Regional Faculty Fellowship
The PON Fellowship is designed to assist RN’s who are preparing for the nurse educator role to achieve their degrees.
PON Fellowships are awarded annually and may be applied toward tuition, academic fees, and books. Award amounts range from $1,000 to $7,500 per academic year.
Funding for the Promise of Nursing Regional Faculty Fellowship Program is contributed by several hospitals and health care agencies, by Johnson & Johnson, and by national companies with an interest in supporting nursing education.
The funds are raised at gala fundraising events sponsored by Johnson & Johnson.
The Promise of Nursing Faculty Fellowship Program is administered by the Foundation of the National Student Nurses’ Association (FNSNA).
Eligibility Requirements for The Promise of Nursing Regional Faculty Fellowship
In order to be eligible for the PON Fellowship, applicants must meet all of the following criteria :
- Be a registered nurse holding a baccalaureate degree in nursing; students in RN to BSN or RN to MSN programs are not eligible to apply.
- Be a US citizen or an Alien with U.S. Permanent Resident Status/ Alien Registration Number;
- Be enrolled and matriculated in a state approved graduate school in one of the Promise of Nursing regions (see list of eligible zip codes at www.nsna.org – click on Foundation);
- Currently taking courses and registered for no less than six (6) credits; (in the case of doctoral completion, students who maintain “required continuous enrollment” are also eligible);
- Attend school in an eligible zip code area and be committed to staying within that region upon completion of their program;
- Students who live and work as a faculty member in a Promise of Nursing region and are enrolled in an online degree granting program are also eligible;
- Document academic excellence;
- Establish financial need;
- Document the commitment to the nurse educator role and plan to serve in this capacity upon completion of the program.
Selection, Notification, and Payment of Fellowship
Selection of PON Fellowship recipients is based on academic achievement, financial need, commitment to the nurse educator role, and the plan to serve in this capacity upon completion of the program.
All factors are carefully considered. A selection committee is appointed by the FNSNA Board of Trustees to select recipients.
Upon selection and verification that the recipient meets all the required enrollment criteria, a check is issued payable to the school for deposit in the recipient’s tuition account.
Eligible Regions for the Promise of Nursing Regional Faculty Fellowship Program
Specific regions around the United States have been designated as eligible regions for the Promise of Nursing Regional Faculty Fellowship Program.
The list below indicates the eligible Promise of Nursing Regions.
Those regions marked with an asterisk (*) are those regions where specific zip codes within the region are eligible. For further information about eligible zip codes within a specific region, please visit www.nsna.org – click on Foundation.
Please note that the applicant must attend school in one of the eligible zip code regions.
Once submitted for review, the completed application and associated documents become the property of the FNSNA.
By signing the certification and agreement, permission is granted to the FNSNA to request and / or verify information in the application and in the tuition account from the Dean / Director and / or the Financial Aid Administrator at your school.
Application Deadline for The Promise of Nursing Regional Faculty Fellowship : March 4 2011
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.