Masters Scholarship, Sandia National Laboratories
Sandia’s Master’s Fellowship Program ( MFP ) is a special, entry-level hiring program, which provides new or recent technical bachelor’s degree candidates the opportunity to pursue a fully funded Masters of Science degree. The MFP program supports Sandia’s strategic staffing needs to meet our important national security mission. In addition, the program supports achievement of a more diverse technical workforce at Sandia through the Laboratories’ Affirmative Action Plan.
Successful applicants will become regular full-time Sandia employees and join multidisciplinary teams that are advancing the frontiers of science and technology to solve the world’s greatest challenges.
After spending at least two months at Sandia acclimating to the national-laboratory environment, MFP participants will enter graduate school to pursue their technical master’s degrees full-time. Sandia will pay for eligible tuition and tuition-associated costs.
While in graduate school, fellows will remain on roll as Sandia employees and will receive an annual stipend and employee benefits. After receiving their master’s degrees, MFP participants are placed in appropriate technical staff positions at Sandia.
Masters Scholarship Eligibility
- Ability to obtain a DOE security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- New or recent Bachelor’s of Science degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 /4.0
- Qualify to attend Sandia approved graduate schools
Masters Scholarship Program Requirements
- Apply to a minimum of 3 nationally accredited Sandia-approved Academic Alliance universities and be accepted to at least 1 prior to beginning employment ( i.e. Georgia Tech, Purdue, University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign, University of Texas-Austin, and University of New Mexico )
- Successfully complete the GRE as required by the universities of interest
- Complete a master’s degree within:
- three semesters ( five equivalent quarters / four trimesters ) for a non-thesis option, or
- four semesters ( six equivalent quarters / five trimesters ) for a thesis option
- Maintain the required GPA set forth by the school in the discipline area of study
- Spend at least two months working at Sandia prior to graduate school
- In addition, eligible MFP participants must apply for a National GEM Consortium Fellowship and/or National Physical Sciences Consortium ( NPSC ) Fellowship
- Pursue a technical master’s degree that fulfills Sandia’s business needs
- Complete service requirement at Sandia upon graduation
- Obtain a master’s degree while remaining on-roll as a Sandia employee and receive a competitive annual salary ( paid biweekly )
- Regular employee benefits ( except vacation accrual ) while attending graduate school
- Paid tuition and related tuition associated costs
- Relocation benefits based on current Sandia policy
- One four day / three night campus visit to secure housing and finalize graduate program details
- Placement into technical staff position upon graduation and successful completion of the program
Masters Scholarship Application Procedure
- Masters Scholarship Application form available on the official website.
- View the Master’s Fellowship job openings.
- Click Apply Now, and follow the instructions to upload your resume.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.