Australian International Hotel School

Study Abroad » australia »

Australian International Hotel School

Australia’s leading provider of hospitality education – Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School. We provide fast-track hospitality degree courses that are highly respected within the global hotel & event industries.

Study an Undergraduate degree in either International Hotel and Resort Management or International Event Management. Postgraduate courses include a Certificate or Master in International Hotel Management.

Why choose Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School ?

  • Study at Australia and Asia Pacific’s number 1 hotel school ( TNS Survey 2010 )
  • Graduate with a globally recognised qualification specifically designed for the hospitality industry ( TEQSA Accredited )
  • You can choose to start in January, April, July or September
  • Benefit from the advantages and career opportunities available as you study in Australia
  • Graduates successfully move onwards to excellent career opportunities in the global hotel industry

Undergraduate Hospitality Degree Courses in AIHS

  • Fast-track hospitality management degree – course completion in 2.5 years, including two six-month paid industry placements within hotels in Australia
  • Graduate with a Hotel Management Degree or Event Management Degree with study in Sydney and Leura
  • Benefit from practical learning in a simulated hotel environment combined with theoretical business knowledge

AIHS Post Graduate Courses in Hotel Management

  • Postgraduate Certificate in six months or a Master Degree in two years, including a six month paid industry placement in a hotel
  • Our Masters Degree in International Hotel Management, is the only hospitality management course in Sydney of its kind
  • Study hospitality at the leading Hotel School Sydney – within our modern executive camp

International Students

An international student is defined as someone who is not an Australian or New Zealand citizen, nor a migrant holding a permanent resident visa for Australia.


International students require a student visa to study in Australia. You will need a student visa with condition 8105, which allows you to work up to 20 hours per week while studying and full time during your Industry Placement. For more information or to apply for a visa please visit Department of Immigration and Citizenship.


To work in Australia you are required to have a tax file number ( TFN ). The TFN identifies you to the Australian Tax Department and ensures that you are taxed appropriately. You will be asked to include your TFN when completing a Tax Declaration Form when commencing employment. You can obtain a TFN by completing an Application for Tax File Number available online at or from any Australia Post office.

Overseas Student Health Cover ( OSHC )

Overseas Student Health Cover ( OSHC ) is a requirement of the Australian Government for all international students. The charge needs to be paid prior to issue of your visa. You need to pay for cover equivalent to the duration of your study program. OSHC is necessary to assist towards the costs of fees associated with any required medical treatment needed while international students are studying in Australia.

AHM is Blue Mountains’ preferred OSHC provider.

ESOS ( Education Services for Overseas Students ) Act 2000

The Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations regulates the education and training sector’s involvement with overseas students studying in Australia on student visas. It does this through the Education Services for Overseas Students legislative framework. This protects Australia’s reputation for delivering quality education services and the interests of overseas students, by setting minimum standards and providing tuition and financial assurance.

The legislation mandates a nationally consistent approach to registering education providers so that the quality of the tuition, and care of students, remains high. The professionalism and integrity of the industry is further strengthened by the ESOS legislation’s interface with immigration law. This imposes visa related reporting requirements on both students and providers. The ESOS Acts and Regulations set out the legal framework for the delivery of education to overseas students. It governs :

  • Which providers may be registered
  • The CRICOS registration process
  • Obligations of providers
  • Tuition assurance and consumer protection mechanisms
  • Enforcement and compliance powers
  • Charges providers pay to enroll overseas students

JEE Main

Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.