Australian National University Australia
The Australian National University was established by an Act of the Federal Parliament in 1946. Its founding mission was to be of enduring significance in the post – war life of the nation, to support the development of national unity and identity, to improve Australia’s understanding of itself and its neighbours, and to contribute to economic development and social cohesion.
Its mandate was to undertake ‘postgraduate research and study both generally and in relation to subjects of national importance’. This national mission gives ANU a distinctive relationship with the Australian Federal Government.
ANU was founded around four initial research institutes in physics, medicine, social sciences and Pacific studies and was the country’s only full – time research university. Since then there have been many progressive additions to the University’s range of activities, including offerings for undergraduate students since 1960.
ANU Australia Campuses
ANU has smaller campuses across Australia that offer specialised facilities for research, fieldwork and accommodation :
- Mt Stromlo Observatory, ACT
- Siding Spring Observatory, NSW
- North Australia Research Unit, Northern Territory
- Kioloa Coastal Campus, NSW
ANU Medical School also offers teaching at a number of sites throughout the ACT, the south east region of NSW and in remote Northern Territory.
Australian National University Courses
1. Undergraduate Discipline Areas
- Creative Arts
- Engineering and Related Technologies
- Environmental Sciences and Resource Management
- Health and Medical Studies
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Management and Commerce
- Natural and Physical Sciences
- Society and Culture
2. Vertical Double Degree
Forty per cent of ANU students already take ‘traditional’ double degrees, adding depth and breadth to their studies. Now you will be able to combine a bachelor degree with a masters degree, contributing to a higher qualification within the package from day one. The masters adds ‘height’ to the double degree.
The current ANU vertical doubles are :
- Bachelor of Arts / Master of International Affairs
- Bachelor of Asia Pacific Studies / Master of Globalisation
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics / Juris Doctor
An Honours degree from ANU signifies a significant achievement. By adding Honours to your undergraduate degree ( typically an additional year ) students refine their analytical skills and research techniques, expand their academic networks and enhance their future employment and study options. Undertaking an Honours degree is an excellent way to get a deeper understanding of your chosen field and the best pathway to studying a PhD.
During Honours, students are taught by academics who are leading researchers and experts in their field, and mix with students equally committed to furthering their skills and understandings. Honours typically involves advanced coursework and / or the completion of an academic thesis of between 10,000 and 20,000 words.
- Graduate Coursework
- Single Graduate Program
- Master Specialisation Program
- Combined Graduate Program
- Graduate Studies Select
4. Graduate Research
- Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD )
- Master of Philosophy ( MPhil )
- Professional Doctorate
5. Single Subject Study
6. Short Courses
Australian National University Research Areas
- Arts & Social Sciences
- Asia & the Pacific
- Business & Economics
- Engineering & Computer Science
- Medicine, Biology & Environment
- Physical & Mathematical Sciences
ANU Australia Scholarship
- University wide Scholarship
- ANU College Specific Scholarships
- ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- ANU College of Asia and Pacific
- ANU College of Business and Economics
- ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- ANU College of Law
- ANU College of Medicine, Biology and Environment
- ANU College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- National Security Colleges
Australian National University Contact Address
ANU Postal Address :
[ Name and / or Area ],
[ Division or College or Hall ],
[ Building Number and Name ],
The Australian National University,
Canberra ACT 0200,
Phone No. : +61 2 6125 5111 ( General SwitchBoard ) ( Monday – Friday, 8.30 am – 6.00 pm )
Website : http://www.anu.edu.au.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.