Sacred Heart University Luxembourg
For nearly 20 years, Sacred Heart University has been proud to call the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg its home in the heart of the European Union. In that time, we have gathered students from every corner of the globe for an education that is grounded in the realities of the modern economy and fully open to the international marketplace of commerce and ideas.
The Luxembourg experience continues to enrich the life of the University, and our graduates have come from at least 30 countries. Our students and our alumni, who are leaders of business at every level, carry with them the unmistakable imprint of a Sacred Heart education. Together, they are helping to transform the world of business, armed with exceptional technical and management skills and a deep seated consideration for the ethical components of business success as well.
We welcome your interest in the programs of SHU Luxembourg and invite you to participate in its degree and certificate offerings as well as its public seminars and alumni events. We are engaged in a wide variety of partnerships within the business community through institutions such as the Chamber of Commerce of Luxembourg, and numerous other corporations and organizations. Especially in the anniversary year to come, we have a number of exciting activities planned.
Sacred Heart University Programs
Earn your MBA and complete a top class internship in Luxembourg.
Luxembourg is a world class financial center in the heart of Europe. It has one of the highest national incomes per capita in the world, a high concentration of corporations leading in their field, and is home for Sacred Heart University’s Welch MBA program in Europe.
AACSB accredited: Sacred Heart University ( SHU ) has its main campus in Fairfield, Connecticut, USA. Its business programs are AACSB accredited, a distinctive recognition of program’s excellence shared with fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide. The MBA is awarded by the Welch College of Business, named after legendary business leader Jack Welch, former CEO of General Electric and enthusiastic supporter of the spirit of the Welch MBA.
MBA with internship : With the 20th anniversary of SHU Luxembourg in academic year 2011 – 2012, the School launched a combination of an MBA program with a paid internship in a world class enterprise that started September 2012. This internship replaces the minimum of two years of professional experience required for participants who work full time. University graduates with and without work experience can therefore be admitted.
Internship : SHU has a roster of many top companies which include companies like ArcelorMittal, ATOZ, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg, Cargolux Airlines International SA, Lombard International Assurance SA, Price Waterhouse Coopers, and SES Global.
Non EU students : SHU helps students with the visa application process. Students graduating with an MBA automatically obtain a work permit in Luxembourg for another two years.
The next program starts end of August 2013. For students lacking prior courses in economics, statistics or management, or lacking sufficient English proficiency, intensive preparatory courses are offered during July and August 2013.
Program description : During the academic year, courses are held in the evenings from 6:30 P.M. to 9:30 P.M. and on Saturday mornings. The internship lasts nine months, starting in November and ending in July of the following year, thus allowing students to get settled in Luxembourg before adding the work experience to their study program. August is for vacation and from September to December of year two, students normally take their elective courses and complete project work. All together the MBA program requires sixteen months with a nine month internship, not counting preparatory courses when needed.
Optional : Take your MBA courses on two continents: Students have a choice of spending the last four months on our main campus in the United States.
Cost : Tuition is €29.000, plus the cost for preparatory courses ( €1.500 per course ), if needed. In Luxembourg, the cost of the text books is included in the tuition. Living expenses are additional. Partial merit-based scholarships are available.
Admission requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree with a grade point average equivalent to a minimum of 3.0 on a 4 point scale.
- Minimum GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) score of 500.
- Proof of English proficiency ( minimum TOEFL score of 570 or equivalent ) or basic English plus intensive summer preparatory course.
- Proof of adequate financial resources for the program.
Application deadline for the next course starting end August 2013 :
For non EU citizens :
- 15 March ( a later deadline for students from certain countries is possible ).
- For EU citizens ( and Switzerland ): 15 June
How to apply :
- Fill out the application form and send us the required documents together with an application fee of €100.
- On acceptance to the Welch MBA with internship, a deposit of €2.000 is required to hold your space. This non refundable deposit will be deducted from the tuition.
The integrated core will consist of a number of intensive programs to develop cross-functional skills. Finance, marketing, operations and accounting will be taught simultaneously in a “business process” approach.
Students with an undergraduate degree in Business will take a 36-credit hour program. Those with other undergraduate degrees will be required to take an additional six credit hours of Foundation Courses.
Required for students without an undergraduate degree in Business.
- WGB 520 Introduction to Economics and Statistics ( 3 credits )
- WGB 521 Fundamentals of Management ( 3 credits )
Planning and Assessment
- Must be taken as one of the first courses in the program.
- WGB 600 Professional Planning ( 1 credit )
1. Students without these competencies must take the courses before the Core.
2. Students with strong quantitative competencies may substitute these breadth courses with two approved AC, EC or FN electives and take them at any time during the program.
- WGB 601 Accounting and Information Systems (3 credits)
- WGB 603 Corporate Financial Management (3 credits)
Both courses are required. Students may take these required courses at any point before the capstone.
- WGB 612 Leading and Influencing with Integrity (3 credits)
- WGB 614 Social and Legal Responsibilities in Business (3 credits)
Must be taken in sequence.
- WGB 640 Dynamic Business Management I (6 credits)
- WGB 641 Dynamic Business Management II (6 credits)
A minimum of nine credits in Finance or Management.
- Should be taken as one of the last two courses.
- WGB 691 Welch Competency Demonstration and Implementation ( 2 credits )
2. Graduate Professional Certificates
Students who would like to specialize in one of the areas below without pursuing a full graduate degree or those who would like to upgrade their skills may want to consider a four or five-course graduate professional certificate.
Four graduate business certificates are offered in:
- Corporate Finance
- Global Investments
- Modern Business Management
Students matriculated in the master’s program are not eligible for a graduate certificate. However, students who have successfully completed a graduate certificate may apply to the master’s program and, upon acceptance, may be able to use those credits earned in the certificate program towards the master’s degree.
3. Abroad Experiences
Sacred Heart University Luxembourg offers three different opportunities to learn abroad.
Opportunities for Graduates :
In the summer, there are opportunities to travel to the United States and take courses. There is also a study trip through Asia that is planned bi – annually.
Opportunities for Undergraduates :
The Luxembourg Campus also offers a summer program for our US undergraduate students.
Contacts of Sacred Heart University Luxembourg
Location : Sacred Heart University, 25b, Boulevard Royal Luxembourg, L – 2449 Luxembourg, Luxembourg,
Contact No. : 011+352 22 76 13, 011+352 – 22 76 23,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.shu.lu .
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.