Singapore Management University
81 Victoria Street
Tel : + 65 6828 0100
Fax : + 65 6828 0101.
A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University ( SMU ) is internationally recognised for its world class research and distinguished teaching. Established in 2000, SMU’s mission is to generate leading edge research with global impact and produce broad-based, creative and entrepreneurial leaders for the knowledge-based economy. It is known to be a pioneer in Singapore for its interactive and technologically – enabled pedagogy of seminar-style teaching in small class sizes which remains its unique hallmark.
Home to about 8,000 students, SMU comprises six schools: School of Accountancy, Lee Kong Chian School of Business, School of Economics, School of Information Systems, School of Law and School of Social Sciences, offering a wide range of bachelor’s, master’s and PhD degree programmes in business and other disciplines.
With an emphasis on generating rigorous, high impact cross-disciplinary research that addresses Asian issues of global relevance, SMU faculty collaborates with leading foreign researchers as well as partners in the business community and public sector through its research institutes and centres. Through executive education, the university provides public and customised training for working professionals in meeting the needs of the economy. Close relationships with leading universities, including The Wharton School, Carnegie Mellon, the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business, allow SMU to draw on their academic and research strengths in various collaborations. The SMU city campus is a state – of – the art facility located in the heart of downtown Singapore, fostering strategic linkages with the business and wider community.
- Bachelor of Accountancy
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Science ( Economics )
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Social Science
- Master of Science in CFO Leadership
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Innovation
- Master of Science in Quantitative Finance
- Master of Science in Wealth Management
- Master of Science in Communication Management
- Master of Science in Applied Finance
- Master of Science in Financial Economics
- Master of Science in Applied Economics
- Master of IT in Business – Financial Services
- Master of IT in Business – Service Sector Analytics
- Juris Doctor Program
- Master of Laws.
- PhD in Business ( Finance )
- PhD in Business ( Organisational Behaviour & Human Resources )
- PhD in Business ( Marketing )
- PhD in Economics
- PhD in Information Systems
- PhD in Psychology
- PhD in Business ( General Management ).
Executive Education & Development
- Custom Programs
- Executive Development.
- Productivity and Leadership Development Program
- Learn, Explore, Do ( LED ) Program
- Diploma in Healthcare Management & Leadership
- Wealth Management Program
- Business Modelling using Spreadsheets ( Basic )
- Interactive and Visual Data Analysis for Insights
- Data Visualisation for Business Intelligence ( Basic )
- Advanced Analytics for Business Intelligence
- Social Network Analysis for Knowledge Discovery
- Applied Business Forecasting
- Cloud Computing & SaaS
- Cloud Security & Compliance
- Cloud Computing Economics
- Cloud Computing for Developers
- Process Modelling & Solution Blueprinting ( Part 1 )
- Composing Adaptable Business Processes with SAP
- Social Media Analytics for Business Intelligence ( Part 2 )
- Process Modelling & Solution Blueprinting : Part 2
- Business Modelling using Spreadsheets (Advanced)
- Interactive Business Analytics ( Advanced)
- Data Visualisation for Business Intelligence ( Advanced )
- Banking Products & Processes.
- Retail Banking Technology : Processes, IT and Architecture.
- Corporate & Institutional Banking Technology : Processes, IT and Architecture.
- Singapore – Cambridge GCE A – Level
- Polytechnic Diploma from Singapore
- IB Diploma
- NUS High School Diploma
- International / Other Qualifications
- Transfer Applicants
To assist students with their fees, we have in place a comprehensive financial aid initiative consisting of generous tuition fee loan schemes, bursaries, and a student employment scheme. These schemes are open to students who are on the Singapore Government tuition grant. Those who are not eligible for the tuition grant or choose not to apply for it will not be eligible for any form of financial aid.
Students may apply for loans through a combination of the following schemes. You may use the Student Financial Aid calculator to help determine if you are eligible and to find out the type and quantum of financial aid that you may qualify for.
Tuition Fee Loan
This scheme allows students to take up a tuition fee loan covering up to 90% of the subsidised tuition fees payable by Singapore citizens. It is interest – free during the course of study at SMU. Interest computation and repayment start after graduation, with a maximum repayment period of 20 years.
Needy students may take up the study loan covering up to the remaining 10% of the subsidized tuition fees payable by Singapore citizens. Students also receive an annual living allowance of S$3,600.
- Loan quantum is 90% of fees payable by Singapore citizens
- Loan quantum is 10% of fees payable by Singapore citizens
Study loan comes with an annual living allowance of S$3,600
Central Provident Fund ( CPF ) Education Scheme.
This scheme allows students to use their own CPF savings or that of their parents to pay for their tuition fees.
SMU Education Loan
Needy students who have taken the tuition fee and study loans may seek further financial help by borrowing up to S$5,000 per year through the SMU Education Loan. To be eligible, students’ monthly gross household per capita ( average ) income must be less than S$1,700. The maximum repayment period is 5 years. Eligible students must have utilised all other loan schemes, for example, the tuition fee loan, study loan, CPF Education loan, etc.
As this scheme is never intended to fully support tuition fees and living expenses, students, especially foreign students, must ensure that they have the financial means to subsist in Singapore for the duration of their studies in SMU.
Other Loans, Bursaries and Grants
Other schemes include notebook financing, study abroad financing, bursaries, community service project financing, and book allowance.
Applicant’s Self Service
After submitting your online application, you may click Applicant’s Self Service to do the following :
- Print your Checklist Summary
- View your application details
- Update your address, telephone numbers and email address
- Make online payment for application fee
- Make online payment for confirmation fee for matriculation
- Check if your supporting documents have been received
- Check your application status/outcome
- Check your appeal status / outcome
- Load your photo online
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.