Emerald Heights College
Profile of Emerald Heights College
The Purpose of Education is enlightenment. Emerald Heights College for Women at Udhagamandalam, the Queen of Hills has been providing value based quality education to women for the past 40 years. This institution is the initiative taken by the great minds, Dr. Padmini Adhisheshia and other eminent educationalist and enthusiastic people of the Nilgiris.
Emerald Heights Colleage for Women is a Pioneer institution managed by the Nilgiri Education Society has undergone many developmental changes under the able administration and ceaseless efforts of the dynamic Secretary Thiru. S. Motilal Kataria. Initially this institution was meant for the upliftment of the downtrodden women, is now continuously engaged in providing and catering to the educational requirements of the economically backward, underprivileged sections of the women of the Nilgiri Tribal Communities in and around the Nilgiri.
Thousands of young women have passed through the portals of this great institution acquiring, learning and equipping themselves with fine qualities after being molded and imbibed with high values to be the leaders of the society and also to be responsible mothers.
This institution with the team of well qualified and dedicated staff strive to motivate the students to persevere, face life situations and challenges and emerge Successful. The Motto “Shine in Use” Clearly exemplifies the objective of the College.
Emerald Heights College Admission
- All admissions into the College are made as per the guidelines of Bharathiar University and Tamil Nadu State Government
- Application for admission into the College should be submitted only in the prescribed form available in the college office
- Normally, admission are done only once in a year in the beginning of the academic year
- Details regarding eligibilty for admission documents to be submitted, fees to be paid etc., are given in the prospectus issued along with the application form.
- Any candidate who is found to have obtained admission by false representation will be summarily dismissed with forefeiture of all fees paid.
- If the student is absent for more than five day continuously from the date of admission or reopening of the college whichever is later, the students name will be struck off from the register
- If a student leaves the College in the middle of any semester, he / she cannot claim remission of any portion of the fees
- Students, who have completed their course of studies, can get their Transfer and Conduct certificate after clearing the dues to the Laboratories & Library and submitting written application to the Principal.
- If a student leaves the College at the end of an academic year, she can receive the attendance certificate required by the University if she applies for it.
The institution has an admission committee, comprising of five members from various departments, which concentrates on the admissions from Socially – backward and economically weaker sections. During admission preferences are given to the socially – backward students. Economically weaker students are encouraged to pursue their education through reasonable fees, scholarships and free education.
Courses Offered by Emerald Heights College
- BA ( History and Tourism )
- BA ( English Literature )
- B.Sc Mathematics
- B.Sc ( Advanced Zoology and Bio Technology )
- B.Sc Computer Science
- BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application )
- BBM ( Bachelor of Business Management )
- B.SC ( Information Technology )
- B.Sc. ( Computer Technology )
- B.Com ( Computer Application )
Departements of Emerald Heights College
Add on Courses in Emerald Heights College
- Diploma in Secretarial Practice
- Diploma in Clinical Laboratory Technique
- Certificate Course in Communicative English
Emerald Heights College for Women Contact
Finger Post, Ootacamund,
Tamilnadu – 643006,
Email : email@example.com,
Phone : 0423 – 2442775,
Fax : 0423 – 2442775.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.