Providence Womens College
Providence College for women – Coonoor was started in June 1966. This college was begun because there was an overwhelming need for a women’s college in the Nilgiris. Providence college for women is founded and run by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Tarbes, a Catholic minority institution registered under the Nilgiris St. Joseph’s Sisters Society.
This institution was started for the benefit of Catholics and in addition, to others without distinction of caste or creed. The college is affiliated to Bharathiar University as a first grade college and is situated in a spacious and beautiful campus on the Coonoor – Kotagiri road about 6 k.m. from the town. We have a Hostel with complete facilities within the campus.
UG Courses – Aided
- B.A. English Literature with Diploma in Communicative English.
- B.A. History and Tourism with Diploma in Applied History and Computer Applications.
- B.A. Economics with Diploma in Trade Economy and Computer Systems.
- B.Sc. Mathematics with Diploma in Operation Research.
- B.Sc. Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology.
- B.Com. ( Department of commerce. )
UG Courses – Self Finance
- BCA. ( Bachelor of Computer Application. )
PG Courses – Aided
- M.A. English Literature.
- M.Sc. Mathematics.
PG Courses – Self Finance
- M.com ( CA. )
- Computer – ( Tally,MS Office, Web – designing & Ms Access, Visual Basics )
- Fashion Designing
- Tourism / Travel
- Nursing Care
- Spoken English
- Reasoning and Aptitude
- Spoken French
- Spoken Hindi
Student Intake :
- Open Merit – 50%
- Community merit – 10%
- Reservation – 20%
- Management Quota – 20%
Fees : as per the norms prescribed by the University of Calicut
Add – on – Courses ( UGC Approved )
- Communicative English
- Fashion Designing
- E – Commerce
- Women’s studies
In addition to the regular Graduate and Post-Graduate Courses, and the Add – on courses, the college offers the following Certificate Courses :
- Computer Diploma Courses in affiliation with KELTRON
- Certificate course in Painting and Floral Arts under Learn and Earn Programs
Providence College for Women,
Coonoor – 643 104,
Tele Phone : + 91 423 2234084,
Fax : + 91 423 2237949,
E-mail : info@ providencecoonoor.com.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.