P.S.G. College of Nursing
PSG college of Nursing was established in the year 1994 under the PSG Sons and Charities trust with an aim to provide quality Nursing Education and prepare Nurses with the highest level of education and practice.
The College is afflicted to the Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University, Chennai and is permanently recognized by the Indian Nursing council ( INC ) New Delhi, and the Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council, Chennai.
The College of Nursing is located in the heart of the city at Peelamedu, in a area of 100 acres in which the 810 bedded PSG Hospitals and PSG Medical College are also accommodated. The eminent faculty members of College of Nursing and Medical College are committed to develop nursing personnel through quality education.
PSG Hospitals, which has wide and varied specialty areas with modern technological advances provide opportunities for optimal development of clinical skills for the students.
The 100% results in the University examination and securing state first rank and Gold medals from the University by our students speaks of the institutions repute.
- B.Sc Nursing
- M.Sc Nursing
- candidates belonging to all categories for admission to the B.sc., Degree course in Nursing ( basic ) should have passed the qualifying examination ( Academic Stream ) after period of 12 years of study with the following subject of physics, chemistry and Biology or Botany and Zoology
- Every candidate before admission requirements shall submit to the Principal of the institution a certificate of medical fitness from an authorized medical officer that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the academic course
- The minimum educational requirements shall be passing of Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination ( 12 years course )
( or )
- Senior School certificate Examination ( 10+2 ), pre – degree Examination ( 10+2 )
- An equivalent with 12 years schooling from a recognized Board or University with Science ( Physics,Chemistry, Biology ) and English with minimum 40% aggregate marks ( PCBE ); for Sc / ST candidates – the minimum percentage of marks is 35%.
Admission Requirements ( B.Sc Nursing Degree Course ( 4 years course ) ) :
Candidates seeking admission to B.Sc Nursing in P.S.G. College of nursing should satisfy the following eligibility criteria as per the The Tamil Nadu DR. M.G.R. Medical University:
- Candidates for admission to the B.Sc. degree course in Nursing( Basic ) should have passed at the qualifying examinations(Academic Stream) after a study upto 12th standard with the subjects Physics, chemistry and Biology ( Botony and Zoology )
- Every candidate before admission to the course shall submit to the principal of the institution a certificate of medical fitness from an authorized Medical Officer that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the academic course.
- The candidate seeking admission should be only female candidates who are unmarried and have completed the age of 17years at the time of admission.
- Candidates who have passed any qualifying examination other than the Higher Secondary course examination conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu, shall obtain an Eligibility Certificate from the Tamil Nadu DR M.G.R, Medical University, Anna Salai, Guindy, Chennai – 600 032 before seeking admission to any one of the affiliated Nursing institutions.
- Candidates should have completed the admissions on or before 30th September of the academic year.
Admission into PSG College of nursing takes place under two categories namely the Government Quota and Management Quota.
Government Quota : The candidates seeking admission under the Government Quota should write the Tamil Nadu Professional Course Entrance Examination and follow the criteria laid down by the selection committee.
Management Quota : The students seeking admission into PSG College of Nursing through Management Quota should write a separate entrance examination conducted by the Tamil Nadu Private Professional Colleges Association-Health Sciences ( TNPPCA – HS ).
Applications and information will be provided by the Principal PSG college of Nursing / Academic section, PSG College of Nursing.
Submission of Application for The Course :
The application forms can be secured from the Principal, PSG College of Nursing/Academic Section, PSG College of Nursing.
The applicant should furnish the Xerox copies of the following along with the application form.
- 12th Standard pass certificate with Mark Sheet
- Transfer certificate
- Conduct certificate from the head of the institution last attended
- Statement of grades issued by the Higher Secondary Board (or) University
- 3 copies of passport size photographs and 2 copies of stamp size photograph
Admission requirements( M.Sc Nursing Degree Course ( 2 years course ) ) :
The candidate should have
- Passed the qualification of B.Sc.,Nursing Degree of The Tamil Nadu DR M.G.R. Medical University or any other university accepted as equivalent there to.
- Should have registered with the state registration council of Nursing and Midwifery.
- B.Sc., Nursing graduates should have one years of experience in Teaching hospital or in a College or in a School of nursing or in Community Health Program after graduation.
- The B.Sc., Trained Nurses need not have two years of experience after graduation for admission to the M.Sc., Nursing Program. They can be admitted to M.Sc., Nursing soon after the graduation in any branch of study.
- In Case of male candidates they should have passed any other course recommended by the Indian Nursing Council in place of Midwifery. These male candidates are not eligible for admission tp Branch III and VI irrespective of their experience in these areas.
- In case of candidates applying for Branch VI (Maternal and Child Health Nursing) should have experience either in Maternity Nursing or in Child Health Nursing.
- Every candidate before admission to this program shall submit to the principal of the Institution a certificate of Medical fitness from an authorized Medical Officer that the candidates is physically fir to undergo the Academic program.
- Candidate before seeking admission to the course should obtain an eligibility certificate from The Tamil Nadu DR. M.G.R. Medical University, No.69, Anna Salai, Guindy, Chennai – 600032.
- Candidates should have completed the admissions on or before the specific date given by the University.
PSG College of Nursing, Peelamedu,
Tamil Nadu, India,
Pin – 641 004,
Phone : 91-422-2570170,
Telex : 0855-261,
Fax : 91-422-2594400,
E-Mail : email@example.com.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.