VG Hospital IILS Introduction :
Indian Institute of Laparoscopy Surgery, Research and Training Centre has recognized, as far back as in 1996, the urgent need for quality training in this vital area. The farsighted vision of Dr.V.Venkatesh has indeed paid rich dividends and this institution is today a premier centre in the country for providing hands – on training in Laparoscopic procedures and has been, as a matter of course, recognized by IAGES – The Indian Association of Gastro Intestinal Endosurgeons. Since inception we have come a long way. Undoubtedly, our biggest asset is your faith in us.
VG Hospital IILS Eligiblity :
- General surgeons
- Paed – Surgeons
Laparascopic surgery has carved out for itself an irreplaceable niche in the field of health care. Welcome to this fascinating frontier of medical science. You are also welcome to stay on as our guest even after completion of the course to better acquaint yourself with the subject.
VG Hospital Laparoscopic Training – IILS : Special Features
The course itinerary is meticulously planned to ensure that a through knowledge is imparted to the Trainees.
1. Only 10 to 15 participants are admitted at a time.
2. Only one batch is trained every month in order to sustain the quality of training.
3. The eminent National and International faculty provide a rich knowledge of hands – on experience to the participants at the state of the art animal lab.
4. The audio – visual teaching aids further supplement the course objective.
5. To sharpen skills it is ensured that each surgeon will perform Laparoscopic procedures in the Animal Laboratory & also assisting in the Human operating theatre.
6. Perform abdominal insufflation.
7. To perform Laparoscopic procedures on live animals and on human patients.
- Basic and Advanced skills
- Endo Knotting & Suturing
- Video Laparoscopic Surgery for General Surgeons
- Sub specialities and Super specialities in Surgery & Gynaecology
- 1750 surgeons successful trained till June 2011
- Mini Laparoscopy
- Tie up with training center abroad.
- Well stocked Video / CD Library, Reference books & Journals
VG Hospital Laparoscopic Training – Course Objective :
Gaining Laparoscopic skills is not easy. Skill in conventional procedures does not necessarily confer skills in Endoscopic surgery. The course is aimed at bridging this gap and is formulated with the following objectives in mind.
1. To master the tactile sensation, altered hand and eye co – ordination due to the length and design of instruments and the three dimensional absence of depth perception due to the two dimensional representation of the three dimensional abdominal cavity.
2. Familiarisation with specialised endoscopic equipments and instrumentation.
3. To absorb the principles of Laparoscopic surgery.
4. To know the indications, contraindications & limitations of Laparoscopic surgery.
5. Perform abdominal insufflation.
6. To perform Laparoscopic procedures on live animals and on human patients.
7. Setting up a Laparoscopy Unit
- Sterilization and Maintenance of Instruments & Equipments
- Documentation, Storage of data and Presentation
8. Anesthesia in laparascopy
9. Trouble shooting in Laparoscopic Surgery
10. Electro Surgery & Newer Energy Sources
11. Prosthetic Meshes and Fixation Devices
12. Morcellators and Organ Retrieval Systems
13. Complications in Laparoscopy
VG Hospital Laparoscopic Training – IILS – Basic Course :
1. Paed. Laparoscopic ( Depending on the availability of cases )
- Paed. Herniotomy
- Lap Assisted Ano Rectal Surgery
- Meckel’s Diverticulectomy
- Mal Rotation of Gut – Ladd’s Procedure
- Intersex evaluation and management
2. Laparoscopic Urology
- Uretero Lithotomy
- Bladder neck suspension
- Retro peritoneoscopy
4. Gyane Course Module – ( Basic & Advanced )
- LAP. Hysterectomy
- LAP. Oophorectomy
- Ectopic Pregnacy
- Infertitily Study
- Uteropexy for Prolapse
- LAP. Tubal Sterilization
- Tubal Reconstruction
- Video – Hysteroscopy
V.G. Hospital Contact Details :
Indian Institute of Laparoscopic Surgery Research & Training,
Coimbatore – 641 034,
Phone No. : 0422 – 0422 – 2231301,
Fax No. : +91 – 0422 – 2643499,
Mobile No. : +91 – 98430 – 64045,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : http://www.vghealthcare.com.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.