About the University
The Birla Institute of Technology & Science ( BITS ), Pilani is an all India Institute for higher education. The primary motive of BITS is to “train young men and women able and eager to create and put into action such ideas, methods, techniques and information”. The BITS is a dream come true of its founder late Mr G.D.Birla – an eminent industrialist, a participant in Indian freedom struggle and a close associate of the Father of Indian Nation late Mr. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi ( Mahatma Gandhi ).
What started in early 1900s as a small school, blossomed into a set of colleges for higher education, ranging from the Humanities to Engineering until 1964 when all these colleges amalgamated to culminate into a unique Indian University of International standing. This BITS university was christened as the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, known to many as BITS, Pilani.
Over the years, BITS has provided the highest quality technical education to students from all over India admitted on the basis of merit. Its graduates may be found throughout the world in all areas of engineering, science and commerce. BITS symbolizes the maturing of Indian technical ability and “can – do” entrepreneurial spirit, especially as derived from the private sector. BITS is located in the Vidya Vihar campus adjacent to the town of Pilani in Rajasthan.
- Established – 1964
- Nirf Ranking University – 15 as per 2020
- Approved By – UGC
- Accredited By – NAAC with ‘A’ grade
- Top Recruiters – Accenture, Amazon, Cisco, Facebook (UK) etc..
The Under Graduate & Post Graduate Courses offered by BITS University, Pilani are :
First Degree Professional Programs :
- B.E. Chemical Engineering
- B.E. Civil Engineering
- B.E. Computer Science
- B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- B. Pharmacy
First Degree Integrated M.Sc. Programs :
- MSc. ( Honors ) Biological Science
- MSc. ( Honors ) Chemistry
- MSc. ( Honors ) Economics
- MSc. ( Honors ) Mathematics
- MSc. ( Honors ) Physics
First Degree Integrated M.Sc. Tech. Programs :
- MSc Tech General Studies
- MSc Tech Engineering Technology
- MSc Tech Information System
- MSc Tech Finance
Higher Degree Programs :
- M.E. Civil, Structural Engineering
- M.E. Civil, Transportation Engineering
- M.E. Chemical Engineering
- M.E. Chemical, Petrochemical Engineering
- M.E. Communication Engineering
- M.E. Electrical, Power Electronics and Drives
- M.E. Microelectronics
- M.E. Embedded Systems
- M.E. Computer Science
- M.E. Software Systems
- M.E. Mechanical Engineering
- M.E. Design Engineering
- M.E. Manufacturing Systems
- M.E. Biotechnology
- M.E. Sanitation Science, Technology and Management
- M. Pharmacy
- M. Pharmacy in Pharmaceutics
- M. Pharm. in Pharmacology
- M. Pharmacy in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- MBA in Business Analytics
Doctoral (Ph.D) Programms :
- Ph.D Biological Sciences
- Ph.D Bio-Engineering
- Ph.D Civil Engineering
- Ph.D Chemical Engineering
- Ph.D Chemistry
- Ph.D Computer Science & Information Systems
- Ph.D Economics and Finance
- Ph.D Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Ph.D Mathematics
- Ph.D Physics
Admission into Integrated first degree programmes is based on BITSAT-Check Here
BITS offer Direct Admission to Board Toppers in Integrated First Degree Programmes
Admission into Higher Degree (HD) programmes
M.E. and M.Pharm. programmes admission will be made on the basis of marks obtained in the BITS HD admission test or based on GATE – Check Here
M.Pharm. programmes admissions are based on GPAT – Check Here
For admission into M.Phil. programme, shortlisted candidates will be called for a test and interview.
Ph.D Admission Procedure
Applications are invited for 2nd Semester admissions to the PhD programme.
Important Dates :
Admission Starts from : January, 2022
Last date for submission of Application form : February, 2022
Declaration of shortlisted candidates : February, 2022
Test/Interview : February, 2022
Announcement of admission offers to PhD Programmes : March, 2022
Registration for Ph.D : March, 2022
Application Process :
- Candidates are asked to apply in the official site of BITS Admission https://www.bitsadmission.com/phd/index.aspx.
- Candidates will need to register online prior to filling the application form. A registered mobile number and email ID will be required to generate a username and password essential for filling the application form.
Financial assistance :
Full-time Ph.D students admitted into the PhD programme are eligible to be considered for an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000 or Rs. 31,000 per month in the first year based on their qualifications at the time of admission.
Students admitted with M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil. or an equivalent Degree are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 31,000/-
Students admitted with M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000/-. These students on successful completion of coursework will receive Rs. 31,000/- from the Semester following the one in which the course work was completed. Higher fellowship may be made available in subsequent years. Consideration for Institute fellowship will be as per Institute norms. It will be obligatory on the part of every admitted Full time student to undertake 8 to 10 hours (per week) of work as assigned to him/her by the institute.
Off Campus – Work Integrated Learning Programs :
BITS, Pilani conducts off – campus degree programs as a means of continuing education for employed professionals as part of the human resource development programs of specific organizations at various off – campus centres.
Contact Address :
BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus
Tel: +91 1596 245073/4
Fax: +91 1596 245073/4
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.